List:       twsocket
Subject:    [twsocket] To DZ and Francois
From:       "Fastream Technologies" <fastream () fastream ! com>
Date:       2003-10-30 10:31:00

Hello,

Ooops! When I said "publish a new "demo", I indeed tried to say publish a
new "beta" release! This is because lots of fixes have been proposed and
many people may have trouble in following and applying all those fixes.
Since you have a fixed version in your hands already, I thought you could
just zip them and upload to the web site.

Mine was just a language problem. I am sorry for the confusion. I sometimes
think in native language even though I am writing in English...

Best Regards,

SZ

Some time around 10/29/2003 03:00:43, I think I heard Francois Piette say:
>> I wonder why you do not publish a new demo. Some
>> fixes have been made AFAIK...

> Why don't you write a demo yourself ?
> It is not because I give away lot's of freeware that I must work for
peanuts.
> I work on freeware when time permit and when I need something for my own
business. I make some of my
> code public that's where my commitment stop.

Francois,
        I think I speak on behalf of most, if not all, the members on
this list when I say that we appreaciate wholeheartedly your effort,
your code, and most importantly, your personal involvement and
commitment to the ICS developer community.

        I also read SZ's e-mail with a bit of apprehension; such tone,
*demanding* a fix and a new demo!  I thought it might be a language
problem, but then I recall that this is not the first time that he has
posted heated comments such as these.

        I do not want to start a flame war, I just want everyone who
doesn't know already to understand that Francois' has done a lot for
the Delphi developer community for many years, offering some high
quality, commercial grade code, great support, and asking only for a
simple postcard in return.  Lets not loose scope of this:  No matter
how much we whine or scream, Francois' only commitment to us is a
moral and personal one.  Unless of course you paid for one of his
commercial components -- but that's another story :)

        Besides, the code is yours to modify, improve or even rape and
mangle.  So if you think you found a bug and how to correct it, by all
means submit it to Francois and the rest of us so that we can benefit
from your efforts; after that, Francois has the discretion to do
with his code what he wants and adopt or reject your suggestions as he
pleases.  But nobody -- not even Francois -- is stopping you from
incorporating your changes into your own applications.

        SZ, have a bit of perspective.  If indeed your tone was
misunderstood,
please try to word your messages more carefully next time as to avoid
confusion of what you are actually trying to say.

        Francois, thanx! and sorry for the rant.
        -dZ.