List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    firmware upgrade
From:       "Phillip R. Neal" <neal () stat ! washington ! edu>
Date:       1995-01-31 0:47:36

Dear alpha people,

Well, it's an old story, sad but true.

The network interface card on my DEC Alpha 3000/800
running OSF/1 version 2.0 crapped out.

I took it to DecService down in Tukwila.
They replaced the card. I brought the machine back.

I powered it up.

I got

"warning mismatched roms. sys=3.2 -I/O = 5.2
update system firmware"

Any hints, advice, suggestions on how to go about this ?
I've got a manual around here somewhere, but I have to find the
firmware upgrades. Anybody know if it is on the net somewhere ?

Thanks,

Phil

Phil Neal, Systems Programmer, Statistics Department GN-22
University of Washington, Seattle, Wa. 98195 USA  | 206-685-1627
http://www.stat.washington.edu/phil.html