List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    C2 issues
From:       Greg Rudd <G.Rudd () isu ! usyd ! edu ! au>
Date:       2009-04-21 23:54:04

Hi all

I seem having problems loging into one of my servers after upgrading
from 4.0g to 5.1b that was configured with C2 security

The error messages I am getting when trying to login onto the console as
root are as follows:

Can't rewrite protected passwd entry for root
Cant't rewrite terminal control entry for console

In an attempt to correct the problem I have tried move the security
configuration back to base using sysman in single user mode but however
this programs hangs.

Any Ideas as to what is going on here.

Thanks in advance

-greg