List:       tru64-unix-managers
Subject:    defining the login prompt on pty's
From:       Dana Huggard <dana.huggard () home ! com>
Date:       2001-09-29 21:15:20

Hi,

In an effort to harden some systems, I wish to have the login prompt
that a user sees when telnetting into the system not display the
Operating System information.   In the past I had used an option for
telnetd (-h), but it appears that this is not supported now. (Tru64
V5.x).

In the /etc/gettydefs I can edit the 'console' line, but I don't see a
'pty' entry there, and hesitate to add one.

Anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks.