List:       trac
Subject:    Re: [Trac] Re: shared templates and htdocs
From:       Clemens Feige <c.feige () osypkamed ! com>
Date:       2018-11-15 11:01:12

RjOllos wrote on 14.11.2018 at 21:53:
> On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 2:35:10 AM UTC-8, Clemens Feige wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I like to ask for help concerning placement of shared templates and
> > htdocs. How can I share one common <site.html> and one common
> >
> > I have read the docu (TracIni, TracInterfaceCustomization and others)
> > but cannot get it working. My current workaround is to copy the
> > <site.html> <style.css> many times into each repo.
> >
> > I am using TRAC 1.2.2 on Linux.
> >
> > This is my desired directory structure:
> > /data/trac/trac.global.ini
> > /data/trac/htdocs/style.cs
> > /data/trac/templates/site.html
> > /data/trac/plugins/<plugin eggs are here>
> > ... then a bunch of repos:
> > /data/trac/repos/myrepo1/
> > /data/trac/repos/myrepo2/
> >
> > This is how I import the CSS file from the <site.html>
> > <link rel="stylesheet" href="${href.chrome('site/style.css')}" />
> >
> > This is what I put in the trac.ini of each repo:
> > [inherit]
> > file = /data/trac/trac.global.ini
> > plugins_dir = /data/trac/plugins
> > htdocs_dir = /data/trac/htdocs
> >
> > Please advice.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Clemens
> >

> You probably need to set [inherit] templates_dir:
> https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni#inherit-templates_dir-option
>
> Do you find style.css when you navigate to?:
> /chrome/shared/style.css
>
> It looks like you need to substitute "shared/style.css" for
> "site/style.css" in your template.
>
> - Ryan

Thanks Ryan.

Your hints were very helpful and solved my issue.

I did as you said:
I added "[inherit] templates_dir" to the trac.ini of each repo:

[inherit]
file = /data/trac/trac.global.ini
plugins_dir = /data/trac/plugins
templates_dir = /data/trac/templates
htdocs_dir = /data/trac/htdocs

... and in site.html changed to:
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="${href.chrome('shared/style.css')}" />

The CSS is now found at URL /chrome/shared/style.css

Thanks again
Clemens