List:       trac
Subject:    [Trac] Updating trac.db
From:       Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-02-21 12:37:59

I would like to update some information in trac.db. Specifically,
information in a table called 'download'. I have no trouble generating
the update commands. It is more that I want to be certain nothing goes
wrong.

trac.db does not exist on the machine that I would like to have run
the update script (not written in python). I have the file system with
the db mounted on that Linux machine via nfs. The server running Trac
is also Linux.

My script opens the db, reads the download table, and possibly updates
records in that table.

What I am a bit worried about is concurrency. trac is also running,
and so has the db open. I cannot be certain that someone might do
something at the same time that also updates the download table (like
downloading a file).

What is the best way to do this sort of thing? I want the update to
happen as the result of some activity outside of trac,

--
Roger Oberholtzer