List:       tkined
Subject:    [tkined] SNMPv3 Agent testing using Scotty.
From:       Pratyush Sahay <pratyush.sahay () wipro ! com>
Date:       2002-08-28 13:53:21

Hi,

I have some questions regarding Scotty framework. I want to use it
for testing an SNMPv3 agent. Below are some of my requirements and
the questions/doubts I have.

-> I want to send SNMPv3 requests with different combinations of message
header fields.
Q1: Is it possible in Scotty to manipulate the header fields of an SNMPv3
message?

-> The combination of the header fields values may be incorrect.
Q2: Does Scotty perform any kind of header validity checking on the SNMPv3
messages that it dispatches?
Q3: If the checking exists, then is it possible to disable this check by some
means
like modifying the Scotty code itself?

-> I came to know that Scotty has a limited support for SNMPv3, i.e., only
noAuthNoPriv securityLevel is supported.
Q4: Does it mean that even when we have to just send an SNMPv3 message with
some other securityLevel value, Scotty would NOT dispatch such messages? We
shall be using Scotty just as an SNMP Manager.

Q5: If the support for other securityLevels is not there, then what is the use
of the code related to USM (tnmSnmpUsm.c, etc.) in Scotty?

Thanks & Regards,
Pratyush.

["Wipro_Disclaimer.txt" (text/plain)]

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.