List:       textbook-l
Subject:    [Textbook-l] Re: Textbook-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 2
From:       Anthere <anthere9 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-01-02 22:33:36

> Of course, such a development tool for freezing and
> deploying would have to
> have a means for an instructor (or curriculum
> committee, or district/state
> text authority) to do a mid-semester "refresh" or
> update of a single
> resource  for any module used to fix problems as
> they are encountered. This
> is a bit like the CVS code-branch problem, and so
> solutions to this issue
> exist.
>
> Thanks to anyone who has the time to read this long
> document and to offer
> feedback on how we can get there from where we are
> now. I have a certain
> amount of influence in my field and my University to
> make this approach
> more popular. With some of these problems solved (if
> we can agree on a
> solution), then we can move on to making this
> promising approach a reality
> in a big time way.
>
> Curt Ashendel
> ashendel@purdue.edu

Hello Curt.

Thanks for these thoughts. Reading this long email, I
have been thinking that you should post this on wiki
as well, where people will be able to reflect on this
along time. Would you post it on meta for example ?

I agree with the fact wikibooks does not develop very
well because it is much harder to focus on a goal and
have all participants go toward the same goal.

Ant