List:       textbook-l
Subject:    Re: [Textbook-l] Activity (was "Trading cards and their data")
From:       Yann Forget <yann () forget-me ! net>
Date:       2004-12-11 21:24:24

Hi,

Le Friday 10 December 2004 22:21, Marius Scurtescu a écrit :
> Unfortunately this list is not very active and this could be a major
> problem for Wikibooks. I saw some comments that Wikibooks is not
> taking off as expected, the problem could be the fact that there is no
> community to push it.

Yes, there is a maintenance problem on the English Wikibooks (I don't about
other languages except French which is fine).

Although I already deleted more 500 pages including content moved, junk,
spams, and newbie tests, there still are hundreds of pages to be deleted,
cleaned, linked or corrected, including nearly 500 orphaned pages, pages
tagged for deletion since ages, etc.

* http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Special:Lonelypages
* http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Votes_for_deletion
* http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Special:Whatlinkshere/Template:Delete
* http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:Yann/Talk_orphaned
* http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Special:Whatlinkshere/Template:VfD
*
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Special:Whatlinkshere/Template:Bereits_nach_de.wikibooks.org_verschoben

BTW, user Attention-tunnel blanked a number of pages. Is this vandalism or
not ?
http://en.wikibooks.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&target=Attention-tunnel

> Not sure what could be done, I am very new to Wikibooks and this list.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Marius

Regards,
Yann