List:       tellico-users
Subject:    Re: beginners questions - grouping
From:       Robby Stephenson <robby () periapsis ! org>
Date:       2023-10-24 1:51:15

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 10:13 AM Daniel Calcoen <daniel.calcoen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the forum link : https://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=200
>
> shown at the readme.md , https://invent.kde.org/office/tellico
>
> doesn't exist any more and search inside the archived thread of the list
> is a bit painful ... so I write to this list looking for some orientation.

Thanks, just updated the README.

> The actual behaviour I experience with Tellico on Ubuntu 23.10 and GNome
> is :
>
> the main display view always show/list ALL the elements, independently
> if the grouping view is active and a grouping node/folder is selected.
>

> a) is this the expected behaviour ? or is something break due run the
> application in a non KDE environment ?

Grouping is different from filtering. If you have an active filter, that
will show only a subset of entries.

> c) if always shown all the elements is the normal behaviour and was not
> discussed before ...
>
> My plan is to add a node/folder "all" to the group view and change the
> behaviour of the main display view, to show in the main view only the
> selected node/folder. (by default the selected one will be "all" and the
> behaviour will be as I experience now)

If you right-click on the group, you have an option to "Filter by Group".
If you have saved filters, then clicking on them will show the view you
want, I believe.

Robby