List:       taskjuggler-devel
Subject:    [taskjuggler-devel] Re: Display of Tasks with subtasks
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-11-07 14:22:19

If you provide a start date for a parent (or container) task, TJ assumes, this is a \
fixed date. It's certainly convenient, that this date gets inherited by all it's sub \
tasks as a lower boundary.

Once all the sub tasks have been scheduled, TJ determines the time frame of the \
container tasks. But it must respect any date that the user has given. I cannot \
shorten a container just because no sub tasks extends to this date.

The inherited milestone dependency solution is indeed an alternative. I agree that \
this results in some messy Gantt charts due to the many arrows. I've reworked the \
arrow routing algorithm yesterday. It's already in the SVN snapshot. You might want \
to give it a try.

Personally, I prefer to use the inherited start value and don't worry too much that \
the container tasks might be a bit bigger than needed.

Chris

--
TaskJuggler Developer