List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    [taskjuggler] Re: missing: highlight critical path in gantt chart
From:       Chris Schlaeger <cs () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-10-25 7:19:41

Matthias Welwarsky wrote on Mon, 24 October 2005 10&#58;38
> I don't think that visualizing criticalness of all paths is really helpful. You \
> just make the gantt chart more confusing. But what you need is _the_ critical path, \
> just like every other tool does it, and if only to make your superior happy. I \
> currently cannot use taskjuggler "officially" because not being able to output a \
> PERT diagram or displaying the critical path means I cannot provide enough data to \
> help people understand the "logic" of a project.

There is a PERT chart generator in the Contrib directory. It generates PERT charts \
from XML (version 1) files.

Quote:
> So what I need is: find the path from the first task to the last task in a project \
> that is formed by explicit or implicit dependencies. Implicit dependency means that \
> a task depends on a preceding task by availability of resources, not by "depends" \
> or "precedes".

So what should I do if there are several first and last tasks?
How should the path(es) be visualized in the reports?

Chris

--
TaskJuggler Developer