List:       taskjuggler
Subject:    [taskjuggler] Re: missing: highlight critical path in gantt chart
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <welwarsky () archos ! com>
Date:       2005-10-24 16:38:20

I don't think that visualizing criticalness of all paths is really helpful. You just \
make the gantt chart more confusing. But what you need is _the_ critical path, just \
like every other tool does it, and if only to make your superior happy. I currently \
cannot use taskjuggler "officially" because not being able to output a PERT diagram \
or displaying the critical path means I cannot provide enough data to help people \
understand the "logic" of a project.

So what I need is: find the path from the first task to the last task in a project \
that is formed by explicit or implicit dependencies. Implicit dependency means that a \
task depends on a preceding task by availability of resources, not by "depends" or \
"precedes".

Actually, "first task" is not correct. All tasks depending on milestones alone are \
origins of paths ...