List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Using Alfresco from within Tapestry
From:       Kaspar Fischer <fischerk () inf ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2007-11-27 15:38:04

On 27.11.2007, at 13:36, adasal wrote:

> I've been wondering about this exchange. I haven't looked this up,
> but if
> this is a problem of sharing across Servlet container contexts then
> are you
> trying "to do what ought not to be done"?

You are right. A different setup would definitely be more
appropriate. For instance, a "clustered repository server",
as described on

   http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Alfresco_Repository_Architecture

> Why can't you unpack Alfresco and add in Tapestry to the existing
> context?
> You have access to Alfresco source which might help as well.

I am asking myself whether this is so much better? It would mean
that we have Alfresco's Web Client (first "webapp") and our
own Tapestry "webapp" together in one webapp, one JSF-based, the
other Tapestry-based? Does not sound so nice to me.

Or do you mean to go with two webapps and copy all Alfresco
code to our Tapestry-based webapp? This does not work as this
Alfresco code is not intended to be run twice (it will listen
on the same port twice, create caches twice, etc.). For this,
a clustered setup would be better suited (see above).

Kaspar