List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    RE: [ANN] Pixory 0.5.0
From:       "Adam Saltiel" <adam.saltiel () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2004-11-27 0:26:19

I know this is "old news" now, but it is still great news about a very
good and promising project which I would say is highly usable and now,
highly customizable. To my knowledge it competes in the PHP space with
Gallery and the like. These are more mature in the sense of going for
longer and probably with more bells and whistles, Pixory takes a
different approach, is less monolithic, or centralised if you like, and
has potential to have all sorts of other services hook in such as rss,
rdf picture ontologies, faceted search and such like. While it could be
built into a client server model, possibly with more attention to
multi-role access and a transactional backend, Joe's original idea was
that of a personal picture server and this suggests peer to peer. I
think pixory is just as likely to develop in this direction. Think of it
then as a picture asset server, good for blogs, and possible peer to
peer node.

Adam