List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Help! How to overwrite column/value renderers
From:       Andreas Pardeike <andreas () pardeike ! net>
Date:       2004-11-26 19:04:32

> On 26 nov 2004, at 09.11, Sakaki wrote:
>
>> You can create new component with nearly the same component
>> specification as
>> TableColumns and write your own html for it but use the same java
>> class. This
>> way you can change only look of the columns and the functionality
>> remains the
>> same.
>>
>> <component-specification
>> class="org.apache.tapestry.contrib.table.components.TableColumns"

That was quite helpful. I am on the right track and I even managed to
get
most of my subcomponents bound correctly.

However, the only thing left is the <a jwcid="linkColumn"> that sorts
the
table differently. It seems that I got the parameters up correctly
(phew!)
but the listener is left to be converted and I have not the slightest
clue
on how to do this:

<component id="linkColumn" type="DirectLink">

     <binding name="listener" expression="listeners.columnSelected"/>
     <binding name="parameters" expression="new java.lang.Object[] { new
org.apache.tapestry.util.ComponentAddress(tableModelSource),
tableColumn.columnName }"/>

</component>

What should I put in there to replace listeners.columnSelected ?

Thanks,
Andreas Pardeike

<snip>