List:       taglibs-user
Subject:    AW: EJB-Taglib
From:       Rademacher Tobias <Tobias.Rademacher () grob ! de>
Date:       2002-08-26 5:12:11

Hi Pierre,

thx for your kind response.

I'm currently starting to use Jakarta Struts togehter with
JBoss3.0/Tomcat4.x with CMP 2.0 EntityBeans.
Because the Web-App is not so complex I decided to use some of the EJB
getter/setter methods in the
Local Interface. Such so a xxxLocal would be handled like a normal Bean
(using getter/setter).
Some of the Struts Taglibs offering java.util.Collection processing. So
finder-method integration into
the taglib would be appreciated.

I began to write a simple taglib. Here a sample code of useage:

<ebj:localUse
     jnidName="ebj/User"
     id="users"
     type="java.util.Collection"

  <ejb:finder method="findAll"/>
</ejb:localUse>

Or:

<ebj:localUse
     jnidName="ebj/User"
     id="user"
     type="de.grob.portal.entity.interfaces.UserLocal"

  <ejb:create/>
</ejb:localUse>

My taglib is currently very simiple and dont' take arguments for
create/finder methods. And it does not handle
Remote interfaces. I create tld-xml using XDoclet.

I could offer you the source of my current tdl but I guess you should know
that I haven't test the code yet nor
the desing is fix.

I would be pleased If you can give me some adive or make better suggestings
to provide a good Taglib for your project.

Bye
Toby