List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: Constructing an ID3v2::Frame without a file
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-08-08 22:27:59

On 08/08/2019 22:29, Fred Gleason wrote:
> Before investing a lot of time into this approach,
> I thought I'd inquire here: is there an idiomatic way in TagLib already
> to do this sort of thing?

You can either create an instance of MPEG::File using an IOStream
(rather than a File), or you can use ID3v2::FrameFactory::createFrame to
create frames directly from a ByteArray:

https://taglib.org/api/classTagLib_1_1MPEG_1_1File.html#ad3ac226309beb3989abf70b9ff02ed2f

https://taglib.org/api/classTagLib_1_1ID3v2_1_1FrameFactory.html#a0d51e37a346a8ff1fc77bee81a3120dc

-Scott