List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: TagLib's future
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-06-24 4:55:07

On Jun 23, 2015, at 8:45 PM, Tsuda Kageyu <tsuda.kageyu@gmail.com> wrote:
> First, I agree with you it's good to freeze the changes at a certain point or just \
> now. Many people are awaiting the next release.
> Certainly, I have been making a lot of pull requests that may delay the progress of \
> the project. However, I don't think they have to necessarily merged into the next \
> release. How about closing the non-urgent pull request for now? (Privately, I hope \
> "length in milliseconds" feature be merged.)

Yes, and for a little context, I told Lucas a few weeks back that I could help with \
the next release and began going through the open requests, getting through about \
half of the ones that were open at the time.  However, during the last few weeks \
there have been so many new requests opened (and many of them closed again) that I \
haven't had time to even read them, much less review them.  There have been 6 new \
pull requests and 39 messages just in the last 24 hours.

It would probably be good if new pull requests being opened that are not critical for \
the next release could be tagged that way.  I'd suggest (based on the old KDE bug \
tagging system) that they be either tagged as "minor" or "wishlist" for things that \
aren't actually critical.

-Scott