List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: PRIV ID3V2Tag and length
From:       Avi Treistman <avi () treistman ! com>
Date:       2013-09-29 15:27:31

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your answer. What I did not realize is that bit 7 of each byte is ignored \
in the tag size field, so as soon as the tag went over 127, it appeared to be doubled \
in size., so the length of 0xA21 is actually 1313, wchi is consistent with the \
payload length.

Thanks,

Avi

Hi Avi -

On Sep 16, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Avi Treistman <avi@treistman.com> wrote:

> For example , on a payload of 1300 bytes, I am receiving a frame
> length of  2593

I think there must be something else going on in your code that's causing the \
problem.  This snippet:

https://gist.github.com/scotchi/6580980

Produces the (expected) output of:

=== test.mp3 ===
PRIV Frame Size: 19

Are you perhaps referring to the total tag size and not the frame size?  TagLib's \
ID3v2 implementation pads the end of tags so that small changes don't require \
rewriting the whole file.  Almost all ID3v2 implementations do that.

-Scott