List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: PRIV ID3V2Tag and length
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-09-16 13:58:13

Hi Avi -

On Sep 16, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Avi Treistman <avi@treistman.com> wrote:

> For example , on a payload of 1300 bytes, I am receiving a frame length of  2593

I think there must be something else going on in your code that's causing the \
problem.  This snippet:

https://gist.github.com/scotchi/6580980

Produces the (expected) output of:

=== test.mp3 ===
PRIV Frame Size: 19

Are you perhaps referring to the total tag size and not the frame size?  TagLib's \
ID3v2 implementation pads the end of tags so that small changes don't require \
rewriting the whole file.  Almost all ID3v2 implementations do that.

-Scott