List:       systalk
Subject:    SV: [Systalk] SV: [Systalk] SV: [Systalk] RFC.tar.gz
From:       Ronny Berntzen ronny () norweb ! no
Date:       1999-06-30 20:07:25

Thanks for your comments Jeff, i appreciate good discusions, and this one got me on \
my toes getting the background info. I had a special interest in the Xerox system, \
since my uncle at that time was a developer for them in Norway and i actually could \
try it out. Well regarding the film, i havent seen it, but i have started to look for \
it, my comments on the film was based on reviews from others. I guess the full story \
will still be somewhat disputed since Xerox wont tell more than what is published \
already.

As a final comment: the MS purchase of Xerox shares was a short time happening since \
that purchase almost took all available funds from MS and at that time they wasnt as \
powerful as today.

As a final thought: i hope someday some developers filled with idealism like those at \
Xerox, will make a new OS for us, based more on stability than those we have today. \
In the end we all need something that works when we need it, and today we just have \
to settle for whats available.

Ronny