List:       systalk
Subject:    [Systalk] aol's up to something
From:       William X. Walsh william () dso ! net
Date:       1999-06-30 20:05:01

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:01:16 -0700, PiroDude <mbrez@execpc.com> wrote:

>just what we need..more aol ready machines:
>
>AOL, Emachines in PC-Net alliance
>
> America Online today said it will invest in low-priced
>computer maker Emachines and team with the company
>to try to make getting online easier and more affordable.
>http://www.news.com/News/Item/0%2c4%2c38570%2c00.html?dd.ne.txt.0630.08

It gets worse :

AOL rethinking open source and Netscape browser :
http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,84-38605,00.html

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

"The fact is that domain names are new and have unique
characteristics, and their status under the law is not yet clear."=20
--Kent Crispin (June 29th, 1999)