List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:28440] Re: New message count incorrect with two accounts
From:       Gene Goldenfeld <genegold () highstream ! net>
Date:       2006-09-12 17:01:46

Gene Goldenfeld <genegold@highstream.net> wrote:

>I'm getting mail from two addresses via Sylpheed, checking both upon
>opening or with Get All . Almost all of the email for one account is
>spam, usually with a lot of empty squares (character coding) and no
>date, which means they sort to the top of the list.  The ones for the
>other account are good and sort chronologically to the bottom. Yet,
>Sylpheed seems to count only the former, since when they are deleted
>the new count goes to zero, even though there are several new emails at
>the bottom.

There definitely seems to be an anomaly or bug here in the New Message
count when there are two accounts.  Emails to only one account are
being counted and strangely enough that's not the default account. The
only apparent indicator is that most emails to the one being counted
are spam w/o dates and thus going to the top of the ascending
chronological list.  When I delete them, the New count goes to zero
every time, even though there are new unopened emails for the other
account.

Gene
2.2.7/Win32