List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:28369] Re: Feature enhancement not BUG
From:       "owen.synge" <owen.synge () desy ! de>
Date:       2006-08-24 22:00:37

I checked with the admin of the imap server and indeed sylpheed is doing
the correct thing, all be it could be more graceful, what is happening
is the directories in the imap server are managed in mbox format and so
when concurrent access leads to changes of state, all other
clients are kicked off. Thundirbird handles this but sylpheed stays
kicked off the imap server, while thundirbird reconnects to the server.

Could thundirbird reconnect to servers if kicked off?

Sorry for the misdirection of this as a bug it should be thought of as a
feature request. Fortunately we also run an exchange server so I
switched to this imap server, which allows me to use imapfilter and
sylpheed concurrently. So I probably wont persue this as I have other
things to do but did feel you shoudl know.

regards

Owen