List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:28368] Re: Lost mail if no space left on device
From:       "Joel Sinor" <joel.sinor () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-24 15:59:36

This is just a guess, but turning on the logging feature may be
sufficient as I have noted that the commands exchanged with mail
servers and most errors seem to show up when you do that....
Just close sylpheed, open up an xterm or something, and type:

sylpheed --debug 2>&1 | tee -a ./sylpheed-delete-mail.out

you should see output in the xterm when sylpheed does things like get
your mail and that output will be put into the
sylpheed-delete-mail.out file.

But for this output to be useful you'd have to run out of space saving
an email and I would hate for you to lose more mail...
It sounds like others are onto the problem and have data for a test
case... though you could go ahead with the above and if you end up
seeing the problem again you would have potentially useful output...