List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:28351] "Batch Strip Attachments"  actually Re:  Re: FR:
From:       LUIGI FELICI <lqhminei () ngi ! it>
Date:       2006-08-19 14:28:49

thanks for the reply Bob and Andre,

but I should have explained it better,
I already know that I can do that for one message,

my problem is to do that in batch mode,
like selecting a bunch message and then search for *.jpg attachments,
save all files with one action,

> I wish I could do the opposite: keep messages but remove attachments. I
> usually receive some files that I save somewhere else, but I'd like to
> keep the message around.

yes Andre, that too, E.G. I get a lot of e-mails with HTML version attached,
and I'd like strip that and keep the text conversion only

maybe we could call that feature "Batch Strip Attachments",
- select some messages
- set a mask for attachments: All or filter one
- choose action: save files and delete from message, only save , only delete,

makes sense?