List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:27796] Re: multiple addrs in To and Cc
From:       Timo Hirvonen <tihirvon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-31 8:59:24

Doruk Fisek <dfisek@fisek.com.tr> wrote:

> Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:49:44 +0300, Timo Hirvonen <tihirvon@gmail.com> :
>
> > When I do reply-to-all To: header is set to mailing list address
> > instead of the address from the From: field of the message I'm
> > replying to.  So two messages are sent to the mailing list (To: and
> > Cc:) and the person I'm replying to doesn't get mail (unless he's on
> > the list of course).
> Does playing with "Reply button invokes mailing list reply" change the
> behavior? (Common Preferences -> Display)

It does not change behavior. Tested only with reply-to-all.

Correction:  There does not need to be at least two addresses in Cc.

So only thing wrong is the To: header (it contains mailing list which
already is in Cc:).  To fix this I have to replace the address in To:
with the address in From: header of the message I'm replying to.

IMO mailings lists (X-Mailing-List?) should not be treated specially.

Reply-to-all seems to do the right thing on the Sylpheed mailing list,
maybe because Reply-To is set...

--
http://onion.dynserv.net/~timo/