List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:27502] Re: Usage of Sylpheed Library
From:       Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y () kcn ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2006-02-28 15:08:30

Hello,

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:41:40 +1100
Brad Goldsmith <bcg@utas.edu.au> wrote:

> I have an application where we need to be able to parse mail
> messages, pick out the attachments, process them and re-insert them.
> We've looked at a few different libraries to do this but none have
> fitted the requirements due to various reasons.
>
> Since there is little documentation (that I have found) on libsylph,
> I want to ask the community here if libsylph would be suitable for
> this kind of task?
>
> Sorry to bug you all with a question like this but I'm hoping those
> familiar to the library will be able to give me a quick response so
> as to avoid trudging though all of it.
>
> While I'm here, are there any simple usage examples of libsylph
> beyond sylpheed itself?

LibSylph is exactly meant for use such as yours, but it is still not
complete. Its API is not sorted out yet, and some features might be
missing (but still it may be usable).

I want to solve them at the next major release. Maybe someone can help
writing the documentation ;)

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y@kcn.ne.jp>