List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:27504] Re: GPG signing problem on NetBSD
From:       Stefaan A Eeckels <Stefaan.Eeckels () ecc ! lu>
Date:       2006-02-28 23:45:35

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:33:41 -0500
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:

> I'm running Sylpheed 2.2.0 on NetBSD, compiled from source via
> pkgsrc. When I try to sign something, I get
>
> 	(sylpheed:821): Sylpheed-WARNING **: pgp_sign(): signing
> failed: User

On a related note, on Solaris I had to add my GPG key to the Privacy|
Sign key tab. Without it, Sylpheed popped up an empty key selection
dialog. I noticed it with 2.2.1, but as I don't sign many emails, I
cannot pinpoint when it started happening. I am certain though that the
earlier 2.x releases could use the default key without any problems.

Take care,

--
Stefaan