List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:27075] another question about program interface messages
From:       Cristian_Secarã <orice () secarica ! ro>
Date:       2006-01-28 21:02:40

Through the whole messages .po file list, there are sometimes
references for "directories" and sometimes references for "folders".
All I want to know is if there is any general rule or concept about
when it's about a directory and when it's about folders, specifically
in the UNIX world,

In my opinion (it's just an opinion), a directory usually refers to a
physical directory (on disk), whereas a folder usually refers to an
object, with or without additional attributes (others than the standard
read-only etc.), who may happen to be at a same time a physical
directory on disk.

Can please anyone enlighten me ? I need this clarification for my
translation work (for Sylpheed).

Thank you,
    Cristi