List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:24725] Re: gmail errors
From:       John Coppens <john () jcoppens ! com>
Date:       2005-04-21 19:03:43

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 20:10:17 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y@kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> I've discovered that the Gmail SMTP server abnormally terminates SSL
> connection right after QUIT command is sent (SSL_get_error() returns
> SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL with return value 0).
>
> I've made a workaround for both 1.0.4+cvs and 1.9.7+svn tree, so that
> such termination will be ignored (still logged, though).

I regularly have problems with Sylpheed hanging when _connecting_ to gmail
to download mail. Could it be that the same problem appears if gmail
disconnects unexpectedly during the connection process?

Sylpheed (1.9.9) in this case hangs completely (no more screen updates,
only way out is 'kill'). The behaviour seems somewhat better than 1.9.6,
where the only way to remove sylpheed was a reboot.

John