List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:24078] Re: Compilation problems on AIX5
From:       Alfons Hoogervorst <alfons.hoogervorst () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-02-18 9:08:30

Lo,

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:21:37 +0100, Rumi Szabolcs <rumi_ml@rtfm.hu> wrote:

Besides the other problem you mentioned,

> Please note that while 1.0.x can be compiled with -qlanglvl=extended (relaxed
> ANSI), 1.9.x needs -qlanglvl=extc99 (relaxed C99). I think the only reason
> for requiring C99 is the use of //-style comments here and there. Definitely
> not a good deal for portability...

Could you give us the list of xlc compiler errors and warnings? I know
that the sylpheed source doesn't const initialize struct members
correctly, but there may be some other things like missing
case...breaks.

Bye.

--
Ecuación algebraico sin solución posible,
a menos de poseer profundos conocimientos