List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23189] the function >update summary< doesn't update anything
From:       Thomas Piekarski <t.piekarski () web ! de>
Date:       2004-06-24 10:38:39

Hello,

the function >Update Summary< does nothing on my system, if I select
a directory/newsgroup and perform the update and take a look into
~/.sylpheed[-claws]/newscache/<host>/<newsgroup>/ anything was
deleted, all articles are still there.

So I still can not read any "delayed" messages retrieved by leafnode

Only one possible way/workaround I have found, it is to delete the
files with the dummy body manually, so I'm just will write a script
using a mix out egrep, sed and rm, if nothing else works.

Do I make something wrong? Maybe my order of the actions is wrong,
here I have just wrote down all steps in my order:

	Each step has an indicator, like [s] who stands for the program where
	the step is performed.

	1 [s]. Subscribe to groups
	2 [l]. Get selected groups with fetchnews
	2 [s]. Visit of the leafnodes first dummy message to get subscribed
	3 [l]. Get messages of subscribed groups with fetchnews
	4 [s]. Checking for new messages
	5 [s]. Visiting interesting messages to set for download
	6 [l]. Get interesting messages
	7 [s]. Selecting directory and updating the summary within sylpheed
	8 [s]. Checking for new messages
	9 [s]. Beginning to read the interesting messages*/1

I tried with the following two different versions of sylpheed:
	* sylpheed version 0.9.10
  	   (Compiled-in features: gdk-pixbuf, IPv6, iconv, compface,
	   GnuPG,  OpenSSL, LDAP and JPILOT)
	* sylpheed version 0.9.11-claws
	   (Compiled-in features: gdk-pixbuf, iconv, compface,	GnuPG,
	   OpenSSL, LDAP)

Thanks for your time and sorry for my cross-posting to sylpheeds and
sylpheed-claws mailing-list, I just tried it with both versions of
sylpheed, so IMO it may be a question that relates to both lists.

___
footnotes/annotations/etc.
	[*/1]: In the moment the interresting message is only the told
			dummy body

additional information
	* leafnode version 1.9.52