List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:23183] Feature request: disable wrapping
From:       John Coppens <john () jcoppens ! com>
Date:       2004-06-22 14:34:09

Hello all.

I have most settings on their default. Line wrapping on input, not before
sending, etc.

Yesterday I was editing a long message, partly with an insert from a file.
The text had two wide tables - much wider than the wrap limit, so the long
lines were wrapped.

Now, though I found - at least - 4 ways to start wrapping from the message
composer, I could find no way to disable wrapping! Of course, there was
the possibility to store the message to the draft folder, change the
configuration, en re-edit. I chose to call the external editor, edit
everything there.

Maybe it would be handy to modify the 'Linewrap' toolbutton into a toggle
(enabling/disabling wrapping temporarily)? Or add a toggle in the Edit
menu?

Just a hint to make a perfect mail program 'perfecter'?

Thanks,
John