List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22889] Re: feature suggest: seeing attachments in
From:       "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve () sohara ! org>
Date:       2004-05-18 7:15:12

On Tue, 18 May 2004 00:06:17 +0300
Pinchiukas <pinchiukas@front.ru> wrote:

P> hello,
P> maybe it's not the first time i'm suggesting this, but noone seems to
P> care or even want this feature... how come? i think this would bring a
P> lot of users from other news clients to sylpheed, etc... what do you
P> people think about it?

	Here's why I don't care or particularly want this feature.

	If it's a MIME attachment then sylpheed handles it fine, for
uuencoded complete attachments it's easy enough to add an action to decode
it with uudecode. For large binaries split among many posts (as is common
in alt.binaries.*) dedicated tools like aub are probably a better bet
than enhancing the news reader, especially if it means adding heuristics
to try and guess whether the uuencoded data is a complete file or just
a repost of part 49 of 274.

--
C:>WIN                                      | Solar Thermal Systems
The computer obeys and wins.                |      http://www.soleire.com/