List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22582] multiple phantom folder strangeness
From:       James Gibbon <james.gibbon () virgin ! net>
Date:       2004-03-19 12:19:57

Hi folks,

I'm running Sylpheed 0.9.10 and have become the victim of a strange bug.
 I've just noticed that, according to the folder view, I have three
folders caled 'inbox' and an Inbox which points to the same place.  In
reality I only have one ~/Mail/inbox.

I suspect this has happened because I've tried to removed the 'Inbox'
type from ~/Mail/inbox in the folder properties config - it really only
needs to be a 'normal' folder; I have no need to differentiate it from
any of the other folders to which I deliver mail using fetchmail &
procmail.  However, each time I've restarted Sylpheed it's come back to
as an 'Inbox' type, and it looks like I've been awarded a phantom 'inbox'
in the folder view each time too.

Is it compulsory to have an 'Inbox' type folder?  Is this a known problem,
and if so how can I remove the spurious 'inbox' items from the folder
view?  (I wasn't brave enough to try 'delete' option in case the contents
of ~Mail/inbox disappear)!

Thanks,
James