List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22565] Sylpheed: questions
From:       James Gibbon <james.gibbon () virgin ! net>
Date:       2004-03-15 19:31:34

Hi,

I'm new to sylpheed.  Having used exmh for 7 years or so, I thought it
was time to look around and give something else a try, and since
sylpheed uses MH folders, I thought it would be fairly painless to give
this a trial for a couple of weeks.  I use fetchmail & procmail to sort
my incoming mail, and am glad to be able to leave all that intact.  So
far (mainly) so good.

A couple of questions though:

Firstly - I'm not keen on the thread view - I just don't find threaded
mail very intuitive or comfortable.  I've been through all of my folders
and switched it off for each, but once or twice (unless I'm mistaken) it
has sprung back to life!  Is there a single switch somewhere that will
switch the threaded view off for ALL folders in one go?

Secondly - some of my folders never receive new mail, they are only
used as a repository for archived messages which I move manually.  Is
there a way to prevent certain folders being scanned when Sylpheed
updates the folder view to highlight new mail?

Thanks,
James