List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22549] download headers in ALL subscribed groups?
From:       Larry Gagnon <lagagnon () uniserve ! com>
Date:       2004-03-11 19:03:07

Hello to all. I am a relatively new Sylpheed user (previously KMail and KNode)
but Sylpheed is so much faster that I love it and am sticking with it. I use
it for both my email and as a newsreader.

Question about Sylpheed (v0.9.9) as a newsreader: when I click "Get All"
(Shift-Ctl-I) Sylpheed opens a port to the news server and checks how many new
messages are in each of my subscribed groups and then checks my POP3 server.
If I want to see the new headers in each of the subscribed groups I have to
click each subscribed group in turn, waiting for Sylpheed to donwload the
headers before I proceed to the next group. Is there any way to get Sylpheed
to download all new hdears for all subscribed groups in one go?

Secondly, I noticed a possible bug in Sylpheed (at least on my system,
Mandrake 9.2, Sylpheed 0.9.9): if I open the address book and then double
click on a name in the right panel of the address book Sylphhed hangs and I
have to xkill it. Anyone else noticed this? Any fix or patch for this
behaviour?

Larry Gagnon