List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22262] Re: Importing mbox attachments not working
From:       Allen Ziegenfus <listmail () allenz ! net>
Date:       2004-01-26 18:51:12

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:24:38 -0500
Frank E Harrell Jr <feh3k@spamcop.net> wrote:

> For our users who wish to import old Microsoft Outlook mail into
> sylpheed, I am using  use the LibPST program from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ol2mbox/ (the particular program is
> called readpst).

I remember reading a HOWTO on the Linux Documentation Project site
(tldp.org) about another way to do this, that might be better. If you
set up a temporary IMAP server you can use that as an intermediary
between Outlook and whatever other format you want to convert things to.

Personally I'm a little skeptical of the tools that try to read MS
formats.

Allen