List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22225] Re: reporting about messages not downloaded
From:       higuita <higuita () tvtel ! pt>
Date:       2004-01-18 22:55:39

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:31:08 +0100, Alberto Ferrarini <a_ferrarini@katamail.com> wrote:
> I think an improvement to this very useful feature could be some sort of
> reporting about messages not downloaded because exceeding the maximum
> configured size (take it only as a suggestion).

	IIRC eudora have one way of dealing with this that is very good...

	it use the top command to download the first 1Kb or 2Kb of the big
	email and when viewing the email it shows a little warning in
	the end of the email that the message is incomplete, to
	press there to flag the message to download in the next
	mail check (that is, overdrive the limit for that message)

	so in the next check it downloads the full message and overwrite
	the incomplete one

	i think that deleting the incomplete message would mark the
	full message for delete in the server in the next server,
	so working also as a pre-fetch/preview and delete on server
	alternative

	downloading the 1-2Kb of a big email is usually enough to see
	if it have anything usefull or not
	just the headers isnt enough for some emails, but is better
	than nothing

	i think this would be a very good idea for sylpheed, we only
	need someone to implement this (that can program C, as i dont
	know enough C to do this)  8)

higuita
--
Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a