List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:21804] Re: Local spool incorporation
From:       JoeHill <joehill () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2003-10-23 16:12:13

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:36:11 +0200
Zak McGregor <zak@mighty.co.za> uttered:

> For some reason my local mail incorporation has stopped working. I am
> using 0.9.5 but am currently downloading 0.9.7 to see if that fixes
> it. Meanwhile, is there anything I can do to try and see where the
> problem can lie? The log window appears not to log anything but
> network traffic. Any ideas out there on tracking the problem down
> please?

IIRC, I had this problem awhile back, it was that the mail in
/var/spool/mail/user had been corrupted after the big blackout, the
first line of the list of messages was blank and Sylpheed wouldn't get
it.

Open the spool in a text editor and make sure the first line isn't blank
and that there is a blank line only between each mail (the "From" line
is the 1st, I think).

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046