List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:21612] Re: antiswen
From:       Godwin Stewart <gstewart () bonivet ! net>
Date:       2003-09-21 16:32:41

And Thus Spake Luca Rosellini <luca.rosellini@libero.it> (on Sun, 21 Sep
2003 18:19:39 +0200):

> GS> a few Italian hosts (the whole
> GS> of Italy is blocked here).
>
> It seems an exagerated solution.

Putting myself in your shoes I understand your point of view. If somebody
were to block France in toto I'd feel disappointed, but I *would* understand
why bearing in mind that the national ISP, wanadoo.fr, is one hell of a huge
spam problem for other countries.

Now put yourself in my shoes. Other than a few mails from regular
correspondents who are whitelisted on the MTA, I have *NEVER* -- I repeat,
**NEVER** -- been sent anything other than spam and viruses from Italy.

Almost everything comes from hijacked open proxies in dialup pools and the
targetted addresses are spam traps and usenet-harvested addresses.

The laws your country has recently passed are too little too late, I'm
afraid.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@bonivet.net -- gstewart@spamcop.net
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)