List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:20736] Re: Bug with long BCC-field (0.9.2)
From:       Christoph Hohmann <reboot () gmx ! ch>
Date:       2003-06-28 13:15:33

Leva <leva@interware.hu> wrote:

> > I have a file with emailaddresses, all only seperated by a comma:
> >
> > test@test.com,test1@test.com
>
> I think you need to separate email addresses with a comma and space sequence.
> I guess it's an RFC rule, but I do not know for sure.
>
> Try with ", " separation.

RFC 2882:

2.2.3. Long Header Fields

   Each header field is logically a single line of characters comprising
   the field name, the colon, and the field body.  For convenience
   however, and to deal with the 998/78 character limitations per line,
   the field body portion of a header field can be split into a multiple
   line representation; this is called "folding".  The general rule is
   that wherever this standard allows for folding white space (not
   simply WSP characters), a CRLF may be inserted before any WSP.  For
   example, the header field:

           Subject: This is a test

   can be represented as:

           Subject: This
            is a test

If your line is longer then 998 characters your line has to
contain a white space to allow folding. If white spaces are
found sylpheed tries to limit the line length to 78
characters. Otherwise sylpheed simply splits the line after
998 characters whatever it finds there because longer lines
are not allowed.

--
http://www.AnimeGer.de
http://www.Nybria.de