List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:19851] [FAQ] How can I get a good printout of a message (was Re:
From:       Melvin Hadasht <melvin.hadasht () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-04-29 15:25:59

Hi Lane,

on Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:41:04 -0400
Lane P.Lester <llester@simpub.com> wrote:

> OK, this time I read the Help first. Is there a way to use File, Print and get
> a good printout of a message? When I use that function, there are no margins
> and lines do not wrap. Therefore, much, if not most, of the message is not on
> the sheet of paper.
>
> Lane
> ____
> Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
> --Running Linux more and Windows less--

FAQ to be submitted (Request for comments):

2.21 Q21 How can I get a good printout of a message?

You can customise the command used by Sylpheed to print a message in the
Configuration -> Common Preferences -> Others.

1. Default Solution (a.k.a. poor man's solution):

The default behaviour is to use the basic Unix "lpr" command. It is available on
nearly any system and if the administrator setup the printing spool correctly it
will give acceptable results.

2. Use Claws' supplied tool sylprint
Command: sylprint %s
Where to fetch: URL (why not create a tools package? or let's make Hiro include
it)

3. Use GNU Enscript:
Command: enscript -jG -Eemail %s (submitted by Gil André)
Command: enscript -2jGR -Eemail %s

4. Use muttprint:
Command: muttprint -f %s
Command: muttprint -2 -f %s
Command: muttprint -2 -f %s -p - | mgv (for a preview before printing with mgv)

5. Use GNU a2ps:
a2ps -RB %s (submitted by David Ayers)

Né'évâhósêho'êhneo'o (Cheyenn: Come again)

--
Melvin Hadasht