List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:19510] Idiot Dialogues: Socket Error
From:       torsten <torsten () howard ! cc>
Date:       2003-03-28 22:02:49

I'd like to voice my opposition to idiot dialogues (modal
window error messages with a single "OK" click button).

When I check mail, I get a useless idiot dialogue box:

	Socket error.

What really frustrates me, is that it doesn't give a
clue as to what is wrong.  In the log, it is pretty clear.
Why can't some semi-useful information be included in the
dialogue box, or better, simply disable such useless popups.

Thanks,
Torsten