List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:18325] How to decode non-ascii mail body properly?
From:       Batara Kesuma <bkesuma () george24 ! com>
Date:       2003-01-27 12:49:50

Hi all,

I received some mails that I can view perfectly on Sylpheed. But if I save
them as text file, then use Emacs to view, they don't display properly.
Here is the header of one of them:

--
...[cut]...
...[cut]...

It is in Japanese, but my Emacs doesn't have problem to view another
Japanese text file. The mail body looks like this when viewed with Emacs:

---

------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C2C273.EC4A8710

$B<:Ni$7$^$7$?!#Aw?.@h$NJ}$r4V0c$($F$7$^$C$?$N$G:FEYAw?.$7$^$9!#(B

$B@5<R0w$K$7$F$b$i$($k$H$N;v$G$*OC$r;G$C$?$N$G$9$,(B
$BFMA3$H8@$&;v$b$"$j4r$7$$H?LLJ9$-K:$l$F$7$^$C$?2U=j$,(B
$B?t2U=j$"$k$N$G<ALd$N%a!<%kAw$i$;$FD:$-$^$9!#(B

---

What do Sylpheed do with this kind of mails, so it can display them
properly? And how can I do that with Perl? Please help, and thanks a lot.