List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:15688] Re: Mutt & Sylpheed
From:       Melvin Hadasht <melvin.hadasht () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-08-31 22:30:26

Hi Donnie,

on Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:10:55 -0700 (PDT)
Donnie Jones <caveat_lector0@yahoo.com> wrote:

 > I am using sylpheed currently for all my email needs,
 > but I would like to be able to check my email
 > remotely.
 >
 > I have two options:
 > 1) Web based email
 > 2) A console based email client
 >
 > The second option is much simpler, so I would like to
 > try it first.  I've attempted to use mutt to check my
 > email as it is delivered by sylpheed, but mutt tells
 > me that:
 > "Mail is not a mailbox."

mutt looks for .mh_sequences or .xmhcache to decide if the Mail is a MH mailbox
or not. You can just do 'touch .mh_sequences' in every mail folder you want to
access to be able to use mutt.

Note that a mail read by mutt will not be detected by Sylpheed (it will still be
marked new by Sylpheed), and vice-versa.

Bis slama (Tunisian: With Peace)

--
Melvin Hadasht