List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:15678] GPG-Confusion
From:       Daniel Lorch <ml-daniel () lorch ! cc>
Date:       2002-08-29 22:32:15

hi,

I'm sorry if this has been adressed before, but I'm totally confused about
the ongoing efforts on integrating GPGme into sylpheed. Yes, I read the list
archives and the FAQ, but that even confused me more. My ultimate goal
is to GPG-[sign|encrypt] messages as "text", not as S/MIME ("attachements"),
just as other mail clients (KMail, SecureBat!) do. This looks like (just to
give you an example of what I'm talking about):

However, while a bunch of people are using the GPG-Patch by Jens, others
believe in their "Actions". But the announcement of 0.8.2 mentions "clear
text signing", which it does not appear to be having - or am I just missing
a switch?

Any help would be appreciated :)

-daniel