List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:15266] Re: Exit problem
From:       Gil Andre <gandre () arkeia ! com>
Date:       2002-07-31 20:15:51

John & all:

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:09:57 -0300, John wrote:
> On the chance it may have something to do with it, I'm using IceWM, but
> judging from the quantity of people confirming the problem, that's not
> it. And I have adsl, and I checked for any dialog boxes & other motives.

Just tested this on my email server: I can't close Sylpheed
when it appears "stuck" talking to the server. Maybe the
connection speed has nothing to do with it -- but clicking
on Message -> Cancel receiving seems to solve the problem.
I do believe it has something to do with the server response,
as the email machine here has been acting up for the past
few days.

Unfortunately, I can't investigate any further, as I am
leaving on vacation for two weeks...    =)

Hope this helps!

--

Gil Andre ___ Technical writer ___ Arkeia Corporation
email: gandre@arkeia.com | web: http://www.arkeia.com